A Guide to Natural, Toxin Free Living
(A sneak peek to our talk!)
Our bodies are very smart because they always know what to do. There are many things that affect function - physical, chemical and emotional - being the main categories. This month we are going to talk about chemical stressors.
Our environment is very toxic. For example:
The average child is born with 280 toxins in their bodies.
There are approximately 80,000 commercial toxins, about 8,000 are distributed daily.
2,000 new toxins are developed every single year.
Toxins are everywhere. It is very hard to avoid everything, but we can try to minimize them as much as we can. We also can work on how our body is functioning so it can properly get rid of the toxins it encounters.
Some things we are going to go over at the lunch talk this month:
- We will go over how toxins affect our bodies. This will really help you understand why you want to avoid certain chemicals and what you can do to improve your body's function.
- We will show you how to look up products to see if they are good for you and your family.
- We will have homemade self-care products for you to buy.
- List of our favorite tried and tested products!
Why are these toxins so bad? Toxins can be very damaging to your nerve tissue. Built up toxins in the body mimic the symptoms of dis-ease.
Leftover Steak Fried Rice
- 4oz white mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon grape-seed oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- ½ lb left over steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4oz) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons sesame oil
- Cut the mushrooms and zucchini into uniform pieces.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil and add minced garlic.
- When fragrant, add mushrooms and zucchini. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned and softened.
- Push the vegetables to the side and add the beaten eggs. Scramble the egg until mostly cooked and mix with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add rice, stir everything and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sliced steak and peas. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix and cook until everything is heated though. Serve immediately.