What does it mean “To Be Healthy”?
The buzz for every new year is to get healthy again. Staying on track to getting healthy is probably the most challenging part. It takes 3 months to make an action become a habit. Take your time and focus on one area of your health at a time! Don’t try to tackle too many things at once. This may lead to feeling overwhelmed and unable to reach your goals.
“Good things take time. Stay patient. Stay positive. Everything is going to come together; maybe not today, but eventually.”
Health is a combination of many different things all put together. It’s just like putting a puzzle together, there is not just one thing that makes you healthy. We need a combination of all of these categories to fill the puzzle to achieve optimal health.
What does Chiropractic have to do with your health?
• With Corrective Neuro-Structural Chiropractic adjustments:
◦ Our body is free of interference to the nervous system allowing it to function at its maximum potential.
• With our nervous system functioning properly:
◦ We are able to absorb all of the good nutrients we are taking in;
◦ Our muscles are able to get the right signal to work properly and efficiently;
◦ We are able to handle every day stressors more efficiently;
◦ It can get rid of the toxins that we can’t avoid;
◦ Our parasympathetic nervous system is able to tell the body to rest and digest, which means we can sleep sound throughout the night.
“Health is not the presence or absence of symptoms. Health is your body’s ability to function the way that it was designed to.”
When we judge our health off of symptoms/“feeling good”, we end up trying to fix the problem when it is too late.
One of the most important things to us should be the health of our loved ones. The better we take care of ourselves the longer we can create lasting memories with our loved ones.
Baby steps to change your lifestyle habits:
- Drink enough water each day! (Take your body weight and divide by 2 and you will get the amount of oz of water you should be drinking daily.)
- Get your body functioning right so it can deal with every day stressors aka get your nervous system checked by your Chiropractor!
- Exercise (get at least 30 minutes of walking in each day) Take breaks every hour at work to walk and move around.
- Diet (eat for nourishment and not satisfaction)
- Take some time to relax each day, even if it is only 5 minutes.
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep each night. If that is not possible, keep the amount of sleep you get the same. Routine is better than different amounts of sleep all the time.
- Decrease amount of exposure to toxins that you are putting inside your body and that are around you. It makes your body work harder, give it a break!
- Invest in yourself! Life is too short to take advantage of your health.
What is your health worth to you? What are you going to do to make this year different?
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP!!
• 2 boneless (organic/grass fed) chicken breasts cooked and shredded (can be frozen)
• 2 cans of chicken broth (organic)
• 2 cups water (may need to add more)
• 2 cups of organic carrots diced (just eye ball it)
• 2 cups of organic celery diced (just eye ball it)
• ½ organic onion diced small
• 1 tsp of thyme
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 tsp minced garlic
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup of egg noodles (try brown rice or gluten free noodles)
1 In a stock post Drizzle with olive oil. Add the chopped carrots, celery, and onions and cook until they become soft (about 3-4 minutes).
2 Add chicken broth, water, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Allow the vegetables to continue to cook and the chicken to thaw and heat up.
3 Add pasta and cook on medium-high for about 10 minutes.
4 That it is! Dinner can really be that easy when you have chicken already ready in your freezer.